Friday 28 September 2012

Trip to the grocery shop

You know what it's like to be a in a new place. When you have to figure out how to go about those little every day tasks. Where to buy toothpaste. Where to get food. Everything's a little different.

My mother-in-law asked once if I wanted to visit proders junction. I said "sure!" with genuine enthusiasm and not a clue of what proders junction could be.

Turned out I misheard, and we arrived at Produce Junction for a weekly vegetable shop. But hey, it was an experience. I learned how cheap local produce could be.

Recently we took a trip to a flea market that also doubles as a produce market. It was a fascinating meeting point, a snapshot of Rural America and its inhabitants.

I didn't take any photos of the 'flea' market element as some of the stall holders were holding rather large shotguns, and I couldn't quite work out if they were for sale…or if they served another purpose. Another time, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment