Thursday 6 December 2012

Thriftbag Thursday

It's been a funny old week. All the snow has gone and there have been a few days of t-shirt weather. It's also been a busy, satisfyingly exhausting week. We had to run outside for just a few moments to get these snaps.

There's only really one thrifted piece in this outfit, but I think it's a great one!
Batwing Sweater: River Island (UK)  
Got this is a sale a few years ago. It's three sizes too big.
But pin it up and it's a great baggy sweater.

Brooch: Gift from my nan.
One of her old brooches. She knows I'm a brooch fan.
 
  Bag: A gift from a friend on the Scottish Isle of Lewis.
 I think it's from by rosie, a beautiful boutique in Stornoway.
I love her Harris Tweed bags and hoodies.

 Skirt: Thrifted!
$3 from a local thrift store. 
This store has random sales so I'm never
 quite sure what I'm going to end up paying. 

Shoes: Bourgeois Boheme (London)
Fair trade and vegan brogues.
The soles are pulling away though, as you can see.
I tried wood glue - anyone have other tips?
 
Here's to a productive next week…

6 comments:

  1. Nice outfit, with interesting details, but if you ask me, your best accessory for this shoot was the darling English bulldog :-) Is he yours? Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's our pooch! You can buy holiday cards with her face on too: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CookieandBuster?section_id=12651488

      Delete
  2. I love your shoes! I hate when my shoes tear a part if someone comments a tip for that I'd love to see it! New follower :)

    Summer x

    ohsummercandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister-in-law is a fashion student and tells me there is special shoemaking glue I can use to fix them. I will update later when I get to try it!

      Delete
  3. $3 for that skirt...wow!! what a steal!! your outfit is great!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I'm just catching up now that holiday preps are all done with!

      Delete