Tuesday 1 January 2013

12 Days of Gladness: August

Hope Solo
August 2012: Hope Solo, part of the Olympics US Womens' Soccer team, just before they earned their gold medals
In August I flew back to the motherland to attend the London Olympics.

I had the strange feeling of being a British foreigner in my own country. But it was a fantastic experience, and especially so rooting for the US Womens' Soccer team in the Gold medal match. I've never felt so proud to be British, American (kind of) and a woman all at once. 

It was an inspiring event. I was particularly inspired by Candice Neethling, who came last in the Women's Mountain Biking event, but I was also inspired by the optimism, excitement and organization that London and the UK exuded during the Games.

Photo geekery: I didn't take my DSLR to London, although the challenge of taking photos of the Games would have been great fun. This was taken on a point and shoot camera.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you were super close to the action! That's really special that you got to attend the Olympics. Doing so is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete