Sunday 3 February 2013

 
Happy Superbowl Sunday! As it's my first one in the USA, I've been instructed to watch it all, only use the bathroom during the game (and not the ads) and to eat ribs, wings, and tortillas all day. Go Ravenclaw!
Other than the Superbowl, here's what we've been enjoying in the Gladley House… 

Watching

Bones on Netflix - I don't know how it happened, but Mark sneakily got me into this show. Before I even realized it I was watching it with him almost every night. He reckons I appreciate that the protagonist is a socially awkward, overly intelligent brunette.

The OC - I found my season 1 boxset and decided to treat my mother-in-law to a marathon. I was a fresher at university when this show came out, and graduated when it ended. Again, it was one of those shows I was reluctant to watch but got sucked into it by my flatmates. It's very of its time, and I imagine a post-recession OC show would be very different. 

Admiring

Frozen Wave in Antarctica - unbelievable photos.

London Tube map makeovers - if you read my defense of public transport this week you'll enjoy this!

Reading

The all-new British citizenship test - remember when I suggested that the new test should contain questions about tea and Eurovision? Well they didn't listen to me, but it's fun to try anyway. Luckily I got 100%!

Things Brits do that annoy non-Brits - Oh dear! After the initial outrage at being culturally insulted a few times subsided, I found this Reddit discussion really interesting. I'm going to return to this a few times to defend my quirks!

Immigration: You won't like it here - The UK Government realizes that attempts to reduce student and spousal immigration won't reduce UK immigration much without a policy to reduce immigration from the EU. There's little they can do about that…except tell Europeans that Britain isn't worth moving to.

On Immigration, Obama Acts as if he has the Upper Hand - On this side of the pond however, the discussion over immigration is running in an entirely different direction.

Have a great rest of weekend everyone!
Our poochy was disappointed that there were no English bulldogs in this year's Puppy Bowl
No matter who you're rooting for, don't overdo it this Superbowl

4 comments:

  1. Cutest. Dog. Ever. Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday. I'm depressed to be missing all of the fun commercials and the awesome junk food. xoxo
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute doggie. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that last picture of your dog is unbelievably precious. What a beautiful creature!

    Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award--an award for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. If you are interested in participating visit my blog to learn more and get the instructions.

    Congratulations, you're awesome!

    Ari
    http://vicenarianstew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE HER! She needs a new football, though. ;)

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete