Thursday 18 September 2014

Scottish Referendum Bingo!

My collaborator and friend Joe did this image of Donald Dewar, the first First Minister of Scotland.
Of course I've been following the build-up to Scotland's big day, albeit from afar. It's been strange to see Americans and other international buddies weighing in on the referendum, and then catching myself and realizing "oh, I'm one of those foreign folks too now."

Engaging in the debates and reading articles has never made me feel so close and yet so far from my friends. And then just yesterday my good friend Joe, now living in France, sent me this message:
In a panic, has someone sorted election night Bingo?!?
OH GEEZ, was my reply. How could we forget?

So, in the jovial spirit of Queen's Speech Bingo Joe has created a special feature for tonight: Scottish Independence Referendum Bingo!

I helped, a bit, so I like to think of myself as an international collaborator. And as Joe pointed out:
I think as expats it's the biggest contribution we can make.
We will both be watching with vested interest from our respective home countries. I have it on good authority that BBC World will be broadcasting the results from 5pm - 10pm (EST). So sit down with a glass of Irn Bru, Malt Whisky, or Scottish Blend, and join us in this momentous bingo game.

Oh, and until the results are called, you should check out Joe's other work. He's a graphic designer, originally from Scotland, and now living in Paris. He's been redesigning the Paris metro signage in a fantastic project: Metrographie,so check out his other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment