Wednesday 24 December 2014

Queen Speech Bingo 2014


DOWNLOAD & PRINT YOUR CARDS HERE!

I don't JUST make bingo cards, really! 2014 has been exceptionally busy (in a good way) and I've been really looking forward to these few days of eating, drinking, and being merry to recharge. 

We recently moved into a new apartment, and we're only just settling down into it (there are still boxes everywhere, and I don't mean Christmas boxes). I feel awful because we've been really underprepared this year. Sorry to everyone (and I mean everyone) that I didn't send a card to (that's everyone). I hope that you'll accept these bingo cards as a small token of my apology and appreciation. Friends and family have really made 2014 for us, and I know I haven't repaid that generosity and support to you yet.

The first task of the holidays, though, was to sit on the couch in my PJs and finish making the Queen Speech Bingo cards for 2014! We have two sets this year, and there's no 'free space' because I forgot to put one in.

As ever, the word list is created from the most commonly used words in the Queen's Christmas message from the last 30 years (this keeps it reasonably relevant, but also gives a good indication of common words). I take out some of the boring words (like part, just, some, way, etc) and ask friends and family for suggestions of 'wildcard' words. Additions for 2014 include twerk, abdicate, independence, ostentatious, and sherlock.

By now you probably know the rules, but do check out my posts from Queen Speech Bingo 2013 and 2012 if you need a refresher. Basically grab a drink, grab yer granny, print your cards, and watch the speech - it's at about 3pm GMT I believe. You can catch it on BBC iplayer here.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone, and let me know how well you do at bingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment